I always love learning weird little things about people. It makes them feel real and relatable, plus I think it’s just fun to peek into other people’s lives. So, here are a few little things about me, so you can get to know me better.
1. I’m weirdly obsessed with the number five.
2. I love American Songbook songs. Especially when they’re sung by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald.
3. Otherwise, my (current) favorite groups are Electric Guest (that’s my all time fave), Arctic Monkeys, Foster the People, HOLYCHILD, Lana Del Rey, Noosa, Psychic Friend, Purity Ring, Sara Bareilles, Sylvan Esso, Stromae and Wet. Yeah, it’s a mix.
4. Ocksa, jag talar lite grann svenska.
5. It is my dream to meet David Sedaris. (I went to hear him read once, and plan on doing so again this year.)
6. I know all the words to La Vie en Rose and I sing it quite often (in French, obviously). And I whistle it. Every day. All the time.
7. That leads me to a few more: I speak French pretty well (not fluently, but enough to understand Stromae songs – and that’s all that really matters, right?), and I forced myself to learn to whistle – it took several (painful) months of blowing semi-noiseless air out of my mouth, but it’s now one of the greatest joys of my life (WOW does that ever sound sad).
8. My favorite eras are mid- to late- 19th century Russia, and, of course, early 20th century-Jazz Age New York (and the expats in Paris).
9. I can recite an episode (well, probably a few) of spongebob from memory (but who can’t, right? Oh, okay, it’s just me).
10. I was once (briefly) a barista at Starbucks.
11. I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary of being single (woohoo! Go me!).
12. I have one sister who is definitely my best friend.
13. I collect copies of Alice in Wonderland- I currently have 19, most vintage, one in German and one in Jerriaise.
14. That being said, I hoard books. And I’ve been known to pick up books written in languages that I don’t even speak (like Turkish and German – but hey, the cover was pretty)
15. Shows I binge watch: The Office, Parks and Rec, Gossip Girl, Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development and Portlandia. I also love Big Bang, Grimm, The Daily Show and Last Week Tonight.
16. I love cheese and I hate bad grammar (intensely. Like down to when people don’t use the subjunctive mood when they should.)
17. I love poetry. My favorites include Whitman, Auden, and Ella Wheeler Wilcox (and Beat poets, especially Ginsburg).
18. One of my favorite books is Franny and Zooey – I relate to it really strongly.
19. I am super into linguistics.
20. I am an INTP.
Follow along: Instagram • Pinterest • Tumblr • Twitter • Facebook • Bloglovin