I have a small storage-y type area which I’ve regarded as pretty much useless up until now. Recently, though, I was chatting with a friend about studio spaces, and inspiration struck – though the space is relatively small, it would be a perfect place to work on blogging or just to escape to with a good book (and a great excuse to work on my interior design skills). It has fantastic sunlight, a little loft above it, and just enough space for a table, some chairs and a drinks cart. My plan is to paint it white this summer and start filling it with furniture (and lots of pillows). I’ll share what I have planned for a drinks cart next week, but for now, here are the main items I’m planning on decorating the room with:
1. Paris Dining Side Chair: Sky blue with a metal base adds a cool, modern touch.
2. KALLAX Shelving Unit: Perfect as a tiny bookcase and for storage.
3. 4040 Locust Hexagon Handmade Rug: A minimal geometric pattern and yellow edging adds a subtle statement to the room.
4. hello yellow 18″ outdoor pillow: A unique, geometric pattern + a sunny hue
5. stripe riot 18″ pillow: Fun bright stripes on a neutral woven background
6. tryst 16″ pillow: A touch of metallic gold never hurt anyone
7. Air Plant Pod: Cool, cheap, colorblocked perfection
8. TEJN Faux Sheepskin: To drape on chairs or layer with other rugs
9. RANARP Work Lamp: Seriously glam without being over-the-top
10. Popsicle String Lights: Cute, summery lights to string around the room
11. hedgehog candleholder: A quirky candleholder to add a pop of color
12. CACTACEAE potted plant: I’ve recently fallen in love with cacti and succulents, and these have such interesting textures and colors.
Follow along: Instagram • Pinterest • Tumblr • Twitter • Facebook • Bloglovin